Castellon Family

Castellon Family
Team Castellon

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Staying in an Attitude of Gratitude

Sol2Soul Inspirational
Staying in an Attitude of Gratitude
I told you that God sends his earthly angels to the hospital at the right time 😁. I'm truly blessed! Thanks to my lovely visitors and my amazing and dedicated medical team!
Hospitals aren't fun, but you can find blessings all around. You can shine light on the darkness. God can make whole what is broken! 
I'm on the surgery and chemo floor. I have neither, but I do have Lupus and a severe blood issue that needs attention. I also have some of the same treatments and meds given to the patients on this floor. I can speak life to relatives, caretakers and patients. Everyone fighting for their life needs hope! 
I can walk around the floor when others can't, because I have two functioning legs. I can pray for others, because I still have a voice that works. I can smile at my medical team and have my earthly angels deliver them their favorite Starbucks, because they have hard days too and are under appreciated. I can ride out this high dosages of steroids, because I get things done faster with lots more energy. I was trying to save the world, create patents and make life changing plans in one day! 😂
I can get small treats and my favorite lunch and dinner requests, because I have family and friends who love me. It helps that I am not on a restricted diet at the hospital. 
I can walk off my floor to visit with my family, friends and their kids in the lobby of another floor, because my nurses love me. My floor has high security and has to stay highly sanitized, because most of the patients have no immune system to fight off any illnesses.
I got to wear my own sweats/pajamas today. It makes me feel more comfortable. Even though my platelet count didn't move up today, I still have so much to be thankful for because of the Mighty Father! I still have a functioning mind to live out my dreams! I also have the quiet time to listen to Jesus! 
Lastly, ...I got to take a shower with my own shampoo, conditioner and body gel🙌🏼. The difference a warm nice shower can make! We take so much for granted! It's the small things that really matter! 🙌🏼🙏🏼
Psalm 34:18 - The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 103: 2-5 No sickness is too difficult for God to heal. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases; (NIV)
Romans 8:28 God can use our illnesses to bring glory to Himself.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 
2 Corinthians 12:9 Illness can be used by God to strengthen spiritual life. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
If you are struggling with any type of illness, you have NOT been forgotten! Jesus saves and heals! 🙏🏼🙌🏼






No comments:

Post a Comment