Castellon Family

Castellon Family
Team Castellon

Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Look into the Window of Heaven: You See Death: I See Eternity

In the Fight of My Life: Lupus Diaries from my Hospital Bed 
A Look Into the Window of Heaven: You See Death; I See Eternity! 
(Sounds of whispering in the hallway)
Oxygen going down!
Stat!
(Sounds of cough, cough, gag, gag and then uncontrollable vomiting) 
Saturation!
Trauma!
Code blue!
Cardiac arrest! 
No! Nooooo! Nooooooo!!!
(The sound of people running down the halls) 
Beep, Beep, Beep
..Then, the sound of uncontrollable tears. 😭
These are just a few of the words and sounds I hear down my hospital room hallway everyday. I am going on day 6 of looking at the four walls of this hospital. 
I am on a floor with terminally ill cancer patients and people who just underwent major surgery. People with no immune systems. People with Autoimmune Disorders. People that look just like you and me. 
I could look at this situation in despair, but I choose to hold onto my anchor of hope. I choose to stand on what I know to be God's promises and truth. You are right that I am on the same floor as these critical cases. I have my own set of complications and struggles, but Jesus has let me know that He can even use me even in this situation and this place. 
I can pray for the patient or caretaker. I can smile at my neighbor. I can do a nice gesture, compliment a nurse, be a good patient or write a nomination for the medical team to receive an award. I can share the snacks I bring in. I can make someone laugh. I can get my talented friends to record cute videos and songs and post them to FB to share with the other patients. 
I can find a way to take away their pain away for just one moment. I can ask God to use me. Help me find the people who need you and give me the right words and actions to be the hands and feet of Jesus. 
The point here is that I can do something even from my hospital bed. I may not be able to leave the area, but I can do something! I can let them know that they are not alone, and we are in this fight of our lives together. Everyone has their own battle they are fighting! My situation could always be worse. 
It's amazing to think that Jesus knew we would all be here together in this exact moment and time. He knew which angels would be earning their wings. He knew which ones would be in training to continue fighting on His behalf. He knew which ones he would need to reach before they leave this earth. 
These illnesses are the enemy. Don't believe His tactics and schemes. The enemy is trying to steal, kill and destroy us. He wants to take out everything in our path. He want us to miss our breakthrough and blessing from Heaven. He wants us to be in despair. He wants us to believe their lies. He wants us to stay in the dark and give up. He wants to strip us of our identity in Christ. 
That is why it is so important to stay connected to the source through the Bible and prayer; the One who created us and this universe. The One who has us in the palm of His hand. The One who has secured your spot in eternity and paid for our sins at the cross. It is finished!
So why do we fret? Why are we afraid? Why do we always put more emphasis on this temporary life than our eternal one? 
Death is inevitable. Everyone is born and one day will die. It is never an easy discussion to have, because we love our spouses, kids, family and friends. We want to make sure they will be ok. We want to love them forever. We get fixed on having a temporary fulfilled life on earth rather than the place Jesus has prepared for us in Heaven. 
What if our thinking has been wrong all this time? What if we are supposed to look at the temporary life as a training ground or pit stop for the final destination? Our eyes should be fixed on Heaven. It's a place of so much goodness and no more pain. The best is yet to come! 
According to the Bible, Heaven is a real place where the people of God will live one day. In fact, heaven is where God and the angels live. John 14:1-3 even says that Jesus is in heaven preparing us a place to live. In heaven, those saved by God, will have new bodies without the curse of sin! There will be no one who is blind, deaf or cannot walk in heaven (Isaiah 35:5-6 and Philippians 3:21). Although Jesus builds houses in heaven, the Bible also says that those saved will also build their own houses and inhabit them as well as plant and eat from vineyards (Isaiah 65:21). Most importantly, God will be in heaven and He wants to be your friend. He wants to dwell with you and wipe away all your tears (Revelation 21:1-4).
The most amazing and almost unbelievable fact is that the way to heaven is not complicated. Our title to heaven is given freely to those who accept the fact that God bore our wrongs against himself when Jesus died on the cross. When we ask Him for forgiveness and a new heart in order to keep His commandments, He will freely give us both.
Our bodies will be free from disease, pain and death in heaven (1 Corinthians 15:40-49). We will still have physical bodies. The Bible says, "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body (Philippians 3:20,21)." The body of Jesus after His resurrection was physical. Jesus said, "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have" (Luke 24:39). We will be able to recognize our loved ones. The Bible says: "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known" (1 Corinthians 13:12).
The entrance to heaven is not automatic for people who have simply tried to be good. The Bible says, "But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life." (Revelation 21:27). The qualifying factor for those who enter will be whether or not their names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
As you struggle with illness or losing a loved one today or tomorrow, take comfort in God's Word. We are on borrowed time. He brought us into this world that He created. He knows what is best for us even when we don't understand it. Rest assured that you are in His loving hands. He is alive and well. He has the perfect plan! 
He can use you right where you are even if it's from a hospital bed. Be brave and answer the call. You could be the one God wanted to use to change or save someone's life! 





No comments:

Post a Comment