Castellon Family

Castellon Family
Team Castellon

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Lupus Diaries from my Hospital Bedside

Sol2Soul Inspiration
You have to love huge doses of steroids in the hospital! I haven't slept much even with the Benadryl administered by the nurses. 
I came into the hospital at 2 am yesterday with a slew of issues that arose out of nowhere. I ended up finding out my platelets were critically low. I'm so glad my mom urged me to head into ER as soon as she did. Something worse could have happened even if I would have waited and slept through another night. I ended up going through 2 blood transfusions of platelets yesterday. Platelets are the cells in the blood that help clot your blood. I practically had none!  Depending on my platelet count today, it will shed light on the amount of days I will be in the hospital and the next steps. 
It's the cruel mystery of Lupus. I live with it everyday! This is my cross to bare! I may have Lupus, but it doesn't have me! Jesus has already won this battle for me at the cross! I just have to be the messenger living through it and sharing His good news! 
When you scroll through the FB feed, you either see a highlight reel of someone's life or negativity from news/politics. I want to use mine to bring change and positivity into the world. Today, I choose to inform you about Systemic Lupus. I will continue to advocate for those struggling with illness and also bring light to all the caretakers who sacrifice so much to keep us going. 
You never know when your immune system will flare up when you struggle with an autoimmune disorder. I've been in the fight of my life for a good 11 years now! 
You have to keep a few things in mind to get through the tough times. God is in control! You are loved! Jesus will place angel nurses and doctors on your path. Don't be afraid, just believe! 
If you have a heartbeat, you still have a purpose!!! Don't let the grave be the richest place on the earth, because you were too scared to share your talents or dreams. Yes, I'm talking to YOU reading this right now! Let your FAITH be bigger than your FEARS! 
If God is nudging you to pick up the phone, tell someone you admire or love them, switch careers, take a risk, pay it forward with a kind gesture or give someone a hug. Do it! You maybe the person they needed to get through that day! Stay in an attitude of gratitude! 
Thanks to my nurses and doctors who keep me alive, thanks to my family's concern, help, dedication, and time and thanks to the loving friends who keep checking up on me and want to visit with me. I'm truly blessed even amongst my storm. This too shall pass! 
It's so weird to think I was running a 5K last weekend and this weekend I'm in a hospital bed. In an instance, your life can change. Live your best life! Live full and die empty friends! Don't worry, I will be back on my feet soon to promote a life of health and wellness. 
Greater is He who is in you than He who is in the world! No weapon against you or me shall prosper! I know the enemy is attacking, because I am on the right path! 
P.S. My stuffed troll (Cooper) in the picture below is from my sweat princess, Hope. She didn't want me to be alone in the hospital and thought I could use a friend. I'm on a floor in the hospital that doesn't allow children under 12 to visit so we have to FaceTime for now. She definitely misses her Mama and I, of course, miss her bunches!  





😘

No comments:

Post a Comment